X Canada Adventure

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Flying to Victoria

So, here is my first real entry. If you're looking for some indepth insight into the psyche of Dong, you can forget it. I'm as shallow as the pee in Paisley's crate on the drive to Marcia's last night.
Everything is falling into place nicely. The past few days/weeks have seemed very busy. (Moving May 1st, leaving work, packing, visiting and camping.) I talked to Jayme last night and arranged that I will be staying with Darcy in Victoria tonight. I met her last summer with I was hanging out here for a week.
She was very nice then, so I'm expecting more of the same:)
Apparently it will only be Jayme and I this weekend so we may not get up to Tofino, but we shall see.
Time passes....
Darcy and her roommates are super nice. They have been so welcoming. We went to have eats and drinks at a the Sticky Wicket. It was a big night. I had two Sprites and a pineapple juice:)


I arrived in Victoria on time. There is a stand in the parking lot to reassemble your bike. Very handy. I got a city map from the Information desk. There is a trail that goes from the airport all the way downtown. I think it's called the Lochside Rec Trail. Go straight out of the airport on the road and follow the signs (very easy). It weaves in and out of fields and neighbourhoods. Stay left at the only really big trail junction. The left arm goes over a large walking bridge over traffic(Trestle Bridge). Then take a left on the next bridge(Johnson Bridge). This is where you get off the bike trail. After the bridge you will be downtown. The trail is about 26km and took me about 1hr 15min

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 10:51 AM, Blogger Donger said...

blah blah blah. just seeing what comments look like:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home