X Canada Adventure

Friday, May 27, 2005

A Day in Victoria

I have spent the day in Victoria biking around. I cycled up Mount Doug. (That's for you Erin and Doug now I can be in on the jokes)
And I biked around downtown. I ate lunch in a nice little vegetarian place called Green Cuisine in the Market Square. It was pretty good. It was cafeteria style so I took a small bit of everything.

If you're looking for a good hill-climbing ride to warm up for the Rockies I recommend Mount Doug. It's not too long, but the question "Will this ever end?" does creep into your mind. Just follow the road all the way up. Mount Doug Park is on the Northeast side of Victoria a few km out of town. It's on any map of the greater city. (Approach from Shelbourne St.) It might be nice to swing through UVic on the way back, but I didn't think of it until after.
Cover Pt. and Beacon Hill Park are very nice, and there is an ice cream store on the East side of the Park.

4 Comments:

At May 27, 2005 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ry,
Just visited your site for the first time. It sounds like you're already having lots of fun and getting your bike legs into shape. 26 km in 1.25 hours seems pretty fast to me. I'll look forward to all your comments in the next two months.
Love, Dad

 
At May 27, 2005 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!!
Sounds like your having a great time so far.... I hope everything goes well for the next few months.. This web site is great. I will be checking in on you every day.
Good luck and have fun! Hope to see you on the east coast!

 
At May 27, 2005 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ry!

This is so exciting reading about your travels!! I'm glad you've had a good start. Enjoy your time out in Victoria and I look forward to more entries.

Thinking of you, you crazy kid.

Diane :)

 
At May 28, 2005 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!!

This is sooo cool!! ~ Glad to hear that your adventure started out on a good foot! Can't wait to read more.

Have fun and be safe!!

Christine aka "Ludwig"

@@
(__)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home