X Canada Adventure

Monday, May 30, 2005

Comox to Vancouver

I started in the morning at 8:30am after seeing Jayme off to work (sucker).
My shoulders hurt. They get pretty tight when I ride. My ass hurts. My feet go numb. And my legs are beginning to cramp. I will stretch my legs again later tonight.
Went from Comox to Nanaimo via the 19A highway. It is less busy and more scenic than the 19. When you get to Nanaimo it is another 10km to the ferry so don't get too excited. (Took me 6.5 hours) Just take your bike into the ticket office with you. I took the ferry from there ($12.65) into Horseshoe Bay in North Van. I decided that I wanted to take a road called Marine Dr. that goes along the water instead of taking the main expressway 1A. Other than having some really expensive houses to look at. It was a misery world of hill climbing and winding roads. There were lots of people on road bikes. It looked like they were training. Then there was me slowly hauling all my gear up and down the hills. I mentioned there were nice houses along they way. I got to take long looks at them cause I was going soooo slow. I suggest that anyone take 1A though it would probably be busier.
I finally made it to Kevin's house in Vancouver.

Make sure you give quite a bit of time to get around the city. It's quite large when travelling by bike.
My nifty bike computer says that I went 141km today. But I think it's more like 147 as I forgot to turn it on at one point during the day.

Vancouver is very nice. The Lion's Gate Bridge is very long but the ride through Stanley Park after was pretty good. I will get to look around the city a bit tomorrow. Once I got to Kevin's place at 7:3opm in Vancouver, East of downtown we took the bus to a Vietnamese restaurant.
Kevin and I have talked quite a bit about my trip and bikes and stuff. It's nice to talk with someone who is as into bikes as I am. We are just relaxing tonight which is probably for the best considering my condition.
I have spoken to Auntie Frances and will be visiting her and George around lunch time.
That's it for now. Thanks for reading. I'll try to have some interesting stories for you soon. :)

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2005 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
Make sure you drink lots of H2O. I love your blog.
I am glad that you will see George and Frances.
If you are going to Edmonton, we know people that you maybe can stay with.
Love MOM (Southern Belle)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home