X Canada Adventure

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Visiting in Vancouver

Today I stayed in Vancouver to visit with Auntie Frances and Uncle George. We met at the residence that Uncle George is staying at. He will be on his way home tomorrow. Auntie Frances has made preparation for his arrival. We had a large lunch. Auntie Frances kept feeding me. (Mom, I'm sure you will be happy to hear that.) After lunch I got a tour of the residence. It was really nice. All in all we had a great visit and I got some excellent pictures that I will share with everyone soon.


I then started on my tour of the city. I decided to got to UBC and the beaches then up to Stanley Park. I took a path that was supposed to go down to the water/beach. It ended up being very overgrown, full of logs and thorny bushes. It has been raining all day which made everything extremely wet. An hour later when I finally made it out my jeans and fleece were wet and heavy. I still managed to bike around UBC. It is a beautiful campus. I asked for directions from a guy. He tried to explain where I should go, but I had no idea what he said. He spoke in the accent (I guess that is what you would call it) that deaf people have. I tried soooo hard to listen.
I then headed to the beaches. Very nice. I was getting pretty cold so decided to head back to Kevin's place. I ended up stopping at a bagel shop for a snack. It had a gas fireplace...mmm....I dried off and warmed up pretty quickly.
Kevin and Alex (his roommate) and Brad (their friend) went out for all you can eat Sushi for dinner. I am sooo stuffed still.
I plan on biking quite a long way tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is better.
Lates.

5 Comments:

At June 01, 2005 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ry,
I'm glad you had a chance to visit with A. Frances and U. George. Sorry it was raining in Vancouver, but that's Vancouver for ya. I wonder if you got to see any mountains. Maybe tomorrow. But you'll have enough mountains in a short while anyway. Hope you enjoy the Fraser valley coming up next.
Dad

 
At June 02, 2005 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff! Have fun in the mountains!

 
At June 02, 2005 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in the mountains!
Watch out for any broken spokes! :P

 
At June 03, 2005 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
You have in the bank wilderness skills, first aid skills, climbing skills , played sports all of your life. You are no couch potato. Time to cash in. Go X-Canada.
Southern Belle

 
At June 03, 2005 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO RYAN!! You're SO adventurous and I'm still so jealous but in all honesty, I couldn't bike it, I prefer to fly!! hee! hee! hee!

Keep up with the journals because they're fun to read!

We're thinking of you and wishing you great times and no hassles.

Oh and one more thing .... your link gave us all policy violations at work!! LOL! :)

~ Michele ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home