X Canada Adventure

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Clearwater Bay - Minnitaki

Total Distance 142.56km Ave Speed 22km/hr??? Ride Time 6hr 34min.
Heard my first loon call this morning. Yes, it's obvious that I'm in Ontario. And the blackflies are out. They seemed to start at the border.
I stopped at the library in Kenora and did some blogging and emailing. I also got my brakes tuned at Olympia Sport and Cycle for free. They were very nice there.
I was also looking at my brakes and I don't think I got a good deal when I bought them. I am going to go talk to Cambridge Cycle about them when I get to Guelph.
I met a guy from Montreal, Sam and had dinner with him in Vermillion Bay. he is the editor for the school paper at the University of Montreal.
I continued to Minnitaki where I stopped at a gas station to ask for camping info. She gave it to me and then offered the grass behind her house. After some consideration I accepted. It wasn't as far along as I would have liked, but it was free:)
Anyways, after I finished setting up my tent, she brought me dinner. (Leftovers from her and her husband's meal). It was extremely tasty. Unfortunately there was steak included. I ate what I could and will I will bike away with the leftover meat tomorrow. I didn't want to say anything because she was being so nice.
Next time I stay somewhere I will make sure that I bring it up in conversation. I'm off to bed now I have a big day tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At July 02, 2005 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ry,
I sure had a hard time finding Clearwater Bay, to find out where you were. It wasn't in MapQuest, and not on our maps. So, a Google search showed us the place! Sounds like you're meeting a lot of nice people all across Canada. :-)
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home