X Canada Adventure

Monday, June 27, 2005

CURRENT POST - Winnipeg - Clearwater Bay - Into Ontario!

I HAVE DECIDED TO POST MY MOST RECENT DAY AND FILL IN THE REST OF THE DAYS AS I CAN.
Ave 25.0km/hr. Total 204.35km Max 50.4km/hr Time 8hr 13min.
The ride was good today. Mostly flat except for around the border and into Ontario. It gets into typical Ontario hills and rocks. It was a strange wind today. It seemed like a headwind, but I was able to make very good time. There was a shoulder most of the day. I'm staying in Pye's Campground ($10)
It was sad to say bye to Aloe. I had a really good time in Winnipeg with her and her family. Everyone was so nice to me.
I stopped for dinner at a roadside restaurant and had a tripledecker grilled cheese sandwich. It really hit the spot. Going out for dinner is a hazard of long days.
It was really good leaving early in the morning. It seemed to make the day go quickly.
I have spoken to Mike Zettek and am very excited that I will be staying with them for a day in Thunder Bay.

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2005 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry,
What a great time you are having. Great journal and enjoy some more adventures.
Love Southern Belle

 
At July 04, 2005 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan from your 'Old Neighbourhood' ... Do you really have to do THIS? It bothers me that you are sleeping in a tent on the side of a road and only a can of lentils for food.
If we didn't know better, we'd think you were a homeless kid!

NEVER MIND .. You're still ONE HANDSOME DUDE .. STAY SAFE AND HAVE FUN from your former next door neighbours - S & F

 

Post a Comment

<< Home