X Canada Adventure

Friday, June 17, 2005

Bassano - Redcliff

What a crazy day. Left at 10am. Had a head wind again. It was about 20 degrees off direct so it wasn't too bad. I made ok time. It rained a bit during the first part of the day.
I stopped at a rest stop and tried to put money on my cell. Grrr. I hate Rogers. It took forever. Anyways, while on hold I got some good pictures of Prairie Dogs. Laurene, I think you would like them. They are as cute as Meerkats, but I don't think that they have the same social structure. Around 4:40pm the sky got dark and there was lightning. so I decided to pull off the road and wait it out. I set up the tent just in time for it to storm pertty good. The wind was pretty crazy. I wasn't sure if the tent was going to hold, but it did:) I had set up on the side of the hwy. About 30 feet to the side.
I read a little in the tent and had a nap. Quite productive:)
When the rain stopped (about 2.5 hours later) I decided to pack up and get out of Dodge. I could see the edge of the weather system and I made a break for it. With some luck I made it out without anymore rain or lightning.
While I was riding I passed an overturned transport truck and truck and camper van.
I biked another 52km to Redcliff. It was pretty much dark when I got there. I followed the signs to the campground in town. I stayed with soem guys that had a baseball tournament the next day. We chatted a sat around their fire. Good times. (They all got shamammered.)
Mentally, the first part of the day was tough but after the strom I was all about business. During the storm I was pretty relaxed. I had everything organized and I was mostly dry. I went 150km going by the map. My computer wasn't working properly for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home