X Canada Adventure

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Mt Robson - Jasper

105km
I left and took another picture of Mt Robson. It's really good. (no clouds). I thought that going through Yellowhead pass on the border of BC and Alberta would be more climatic. Instead, you climb all the way from the campsite to the border. Long and slow.




I averaged 13.4km/hr over that section. By the time Jasper came I brought it up to 19.4km/hr with a ton of work. I stopped at the next Mt Robson Park for water. Got to town at 3:30pm and organized my stuff on the sidewalk. I met a guy named Scott who is also biking. He has a knee injury that has stopped him for now. I will have to be very careful.
Took the shuttle to the main Jasper hostel. Catch it at the totem pole in front of the park, next to the train station. There is a good info booth in the middle of the park.
Along my bike I passed through the park border. It's $7 just to be in the park per day so calculate the number of nights before you get there so you know what type of pass to buy.




I almost fell over at the gate cause I couldn't unclip my pedals. There were tons of cars behind me. It would have been really funny. Whew!
I met lots of people at the hostel. 6 of us went out. Annika, Scott, Kerstin, Sofie, Jim and I. We played pool and foosball and had drinks at Earls. We took a cab both ways. $15 each way.
I also tried to get my bike fixed but some places where 4 days behind in repairs. I found one that said they could have it for me end of day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home