X Canada Adventure

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Day off in Kamloops

I have done some laundry and done lots of emailing and called people. I like staying at the hostel. Everyone is very friendly. I'm going out for drinks with a couple guys tonight if everything works out.

I picked up a new seat in town today. Apparently there are important arteries that feed blood to important parts of my anatomy and sitting on the arteries all day can cause longterm problems in the functionality of that anatomy. Well, I think you get the picture. The new seat is very nice. I am still in the market for some new tubes though.

According to my guide book there isn't much to do in Kamloops. Perhaps I will find something interesting to do this afternoon. Catch y'all later.

****I'm back. I met an Auzzie(Clancy), English guy Darren and a Scottish guy Mike. We all went to a dance club called the River. It was pretty good. They weren't club type guys though. they're accents really bring in the ladies so I brought me lots of dance partners. I've never heard bird used so much in one night. They were pretty fun guys.

9 Comments:

At June 04, 2005 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan...Bonjourno!!!

It sounds like you're having a great time so far!! ... I'm glad to hear that you picked up a new seat for your bike...sounds like it was a good thing to do.

Joannie "The Enforcer" says hello, and wishes you well. It's a shame the the side car thing didn't work out!! :)

Well keep spinning those wheels and have fun!!

Later
Christine B.

 
At June 04, 2005 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
Glad that you are having a rest.
I hope that your seat is better.
Southern Belle

 
At June 05, 2005 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry!

I'm really enjoying this blog thing! Your trip sounds fabulous. Sorry about the flat tires and gravel shoulders, but what can you do, eh? Good news on the new seat - love the wording on that blog. Take good care and keep writing!! -Di

 
At June 05, 2005 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!!
Good choise going with the new seat, you just never know when you will be needing certain anatomy parts..
Sounds like your still having a good time.. Glad to hear it.
Shelly

 
At June 06, 2005 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dong,
Sorry I missed your call, would've been great to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well, you're definitely getting the whole experience already, sounds like. Send pics soon.
A

 
At June 07, 2005 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey...

if you are passing through kelowna, my sister (paula) and brother (robbie) and brother-in-law (billy) are there. i'm sure they would be more than happy to put you up for a night or two or at least feed you a warm meal.

let me know if you would like their contact stuff!

hope everything is still going well and that you've sorted out your mechanical probs.

jess

ps...i ordered the giant and then they called me this morning and said that the manufacturer doesn't have any more in my size! :-(

 
At June 07, 2005 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Nice work! Ahh, that hostel I told you about in Squilax is just past Kamloops, oh well...
And yeah, I remember the long hills before Kamloops! :P
Glad to hear you're having fun!

 
At June 07, 2005 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on truck'in Ryan!! Sounds like you're having a BLAST, aside from the necessity of the new seat and a few bumps along the road! hee! hee! hee!

Hey, if you happen by the town of Estevan when you go through Sask let me know what it's like OK. It's named after my soon-to-be husband and just call me curious! LOL. :)

Be sure to keep in touch because we're enjoying your updates very much!

~ Michele ~

 
At June 08, 2005 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Fellow
Happy Birthday June 9th. What a wonderful way to spend the day on your trip. Eat some cake and celebrate.
LOve Southern Belle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home