X Canada Adventure

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

June 1: Biking Day 2:Vancouver - Hope

Sorry, this post will be a little dry.
I went from Kevin's palce at E. 39th and Windsor (just east of downtown) to Hope. 152km. I left late at 10:30am and got to camp at 7:10pm.
I went up 99 to Hwy 1. Then I got kicked off the expressway because bikes aren't allowed. When I got on, there was nothing to tell me that. A highway inspection guy stopped and told me. As he was leaving he started speaking to me in Chinese. I just kept a blank look on my face and said that I don't understand. He then proceeded to say about another few sentences. Perhaps his English isn't as good as his Chinese...I said 'I DON'T UNDERSTAND' Good times.

I got off the expressway and took a 4 minute ferry to Albion where I met up with Hwy 7. It was a pretty easy ride. I am staying at the first campsite that I came across coming into Hope. ($16 per night and it cost extra for showers, but I didn't cave)
Internet access is at the Blue Moose Cafe downtown.

It rained for 3 hours today and I felt like stopping. It got pretty cold. The faster you went, the colder you got. Crappy. It cleared up at bit before I got to Hope. I'm really glad I didn't stop early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home