X Canada Adventure

Friday, June 03, 2005

South of Spences Bridge - Kamloops

What a long day.
Left at 9:15am and got to the hostel in Kamloops just before 9pm (I think) It was a little hazy at the end:)
I will update the km soon. I don't have my computer with me now. The scenary again was beautiful and dry. Apparently there were quite a few long climbs on today's route. The only one of note to me was just after you meet up with Kamloops Lake. Grr...endless.
My right knee started to hurt early in the day, and I actually had to stop biking for a bit because of the pain. I have changed the setup on my pedals and it seems to be working much better. We shall see next time I'm out.
I got numberous flat tires today too. As I was coming into Kamloops I knocked my tire on a barbed wire fences accessing a bike path. (call me dumbass) I put on two new tubes but both had holes. ( don't know if it was my fault or not) I ended up patching the first tire and it's holding still.



I met two bikers today and they were both more than happy to chat about two-wheeled travel. Neither were really going in my direction, but at least it was nice to see someone else pedalling away.





I got my best directions yet. They were from 3 fourteen year old girls in the outskirts of Kamloops. They directed me right to the hostel downtown. (7 Seymour St.)
I will be staying here two nights even though I have heard from Laura and we won't be getting together. She is too busy with school stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home