X Canada Adventure

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Jun 2: Biking Day 3: Hope -South of Spences Bridge

My bike computer says 136km. That took me 6hr and 33min. I left late again at 10:10am and got to camp at 7:20pm. It isn't too bad though. I get enough time for dinner and then to review my route for the next day.
I'm camped at Thompson River RV Park a few km before Spences Bridge. ($8.50 per night. No phone or cell reception. Free showers.) The guy that runs it is pretty nice. Make sure you have time to chat if you run into him though, he's a gabber. FYI - there are two provincial parks between Lyton and Spences Bridge as well. Each is close to the towns.

Today's ride was the reason I wanted to do this trip. Beautiful weather (in the afternoon). Beautiful scenary. I took lots of pictures today. The Fraser canyon is very nice. Very dry other than the river.


Trucks have been very nice to me. There was only one problem. There was construction and all of a sudden my shoulder ended. I was going 55km on loose gravel and almost died. I fishtailed and swerved back and forth. If I had my mountain bike tires I would have been fine. Needless to say I slowed down very quickly.
I haven't seen any other bikers yet. People talk about others so they must be out there somewhere.




I was going to call Laura tonight to see if we could meet up in Kamloops but no phone and no reception.
When I was at Kevin's (I forgot to mention) my brake rotors came loose. As well, they were installed backwards. (I thank Kevin for letting me know.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home