X Canada Adventure

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Kamloops - Birch Island

132km today.
Jun 5. Got up late today. Changed my flat tire again, cause the patch wasn't a permanent solution. Left the hostel at 11am. Biked north on Hwy 5. the road was very flat following the North Thompson River valley. I made really good time and arrived at camp at 6:30pm. The scenary wasn't anything to speak of. Much greener than the Kamloops desert though.



There was one thing about the ride that is worth mentioning though. One of the trees around is seeeding. They are like dandelion seeds and float on the wind. It was like it was snowing. Very majestic to bike through.
(I bought some Subway cookies in Little Fort:))

I'm camping at the Birch Island Campground on the highway. The husband and wife that run this place have been so nice to me. When she found out I was a biker she brought me a huge fruit place. Mango, guava, pineapple, an apple and an orange. Mmmmm so juicy. We chatted about biking as she is a biker too.
She also brought me a fresh greens salad and a plate of stuffed peppers and yam and onion pie for dinner.....Can you imagine??? Sooooo good!!!



It was 14$ for the night. They have a phone, showers dishwashing station and places to stay dry if you need it.
It hard to know what to say when people are so nice to you.
If you are in the area please please please stay there and support nice people.

P.S. My new seat is a dream:)

1 Comments:

At June 09, 2005 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear about the dreamy seat, since I guess you'll be getting plenty of that.

At a first thought, the people you stayed with remind me of Del and Marty in tennessee. Sounds like some good fun. I don't even think I've had a meal that good a long time....

Kevin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home