X Canada Adventure

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Blue River - Mount Robson Park

133 km today. ave speed 19.0km/hr.
I got my pedal crank problem fixed in Valemount at a nice little outdoors store there. Canoe Mtn. Extreme Sports on 5th Ave. They also put some LockTite on my rotors so my brakes won't come loose again. I got some groceries in town too:)





So, this is the second time I have seen Mount Robson. Well, it's the second time I have seen the base of it. The rest is always covered in clouds. Grr.
I am at Mount Robson Meadows campground inside the park. If time permits, I suggest you push on from Valemount. It isn't long or hard.
The campground is 17 dollars/night but I biked around and found another biker to share a sight with. His name is Ito. He's from Japan and is cycling to Alaska. He seems very like me...except I'm better at English.




Just outside Valemount I broke a spoke. One on my rear wheel on the cassette side. Isn't it a shame that I decided not to take the cassetter remover! (Kicking myself.)
I will wait til Jasper to have it fixed.
...We just walked and took pictures of Mount Robson...no clouds.:)
Later

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2005 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha... gotta watch out for those spokes! ;)

 
At June 14, 2005 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
Mount Robson is majestic.
Enjoy your humour.
Southern Belle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home