X Canada Adventure

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Jasper - Columbia Icefields

Ave. 17.4 km/hr max 70.4km total distance 109km.
I was warned the ride today was all uphill. I gained 1000m in elevation. Mostly in the last few km. I only rested at the viewpoints. The campsite is just after (500m) the info center. It's only for tents and vans (no RVs). $13/night. No running water.

When leaving the hostel there is a huge hill. That is where I got up to 70km/hr. It was very windy too, so it was super fun.



I stopped at Athabaska Falls and took some pictures.






I also met Nordberg again. He is the biker going to Calgary. He caught up to me again because I stayed in Jasper another night. I got his picture this time.



After Athabaska Falls a woman that works at that hostel caught up to me on a road bike.She was going to Sunwapta Falls junction for fries. I asked if I could join her. We spent an hour chatting about everything. It was pretty cool. If you stay at that hostel, tell Kat I say hi.

This trip has been good for meeting cool people.
(Left at 11:15am got to camp at 7:20pm.)

I met a German couple last night that are vacationing in the area. They ended up giving me their cell number just in case I needed help:) It was very nice of them.
Most of the people I met in the hostel spoke french. So I got to practice with them. Hahahaha....Gr. 11 french just doesn't cut it. I felt so stupid sometimes but I do understand quite a bit. It was pretty fun.
(There was a group of 4 that I met in the campground 2 fathers, 2 sons. Pretty cool.)










1 Comments:

At June 15, 2005 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the social butterfly :)
Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home