X Canada Adventure

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Minnitaki - Ignace

GOD DAMN HEADWINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Total Distance 133km. Ave speed 19.4 Ride Time 6hr 53min.
Well, I was only going to write the sentence about but too much has happened to leave it out. I called the Zetteks to say I would be there tomorrow and set out on the road again from Ignace expecting to do another 40km today. 2km out of Ignace it began to pour. It is still raining now. I was going to go back to Ignace to camp but instead I pulled off the road and am camping in the woods. I have enough supplies to there was no need to be in a town.
I had just finished reading more of my book when I looked at the walls of the tent. It was covered in slugs! Mmmm....slugs. I will have to be very careful when packing up tomorrow.
Today has been horrible. The headwind was very strong and now the rain has made tomorrow a VERY long day. At least I am dry.
I will be spending a rest day in Thunder Bay on Canada Day taking in a baseball game:).

3 Comments:

At July 01, 2005 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those head winds were killing me too that day, i stopped early in Dryden. Now the rain the next day was just as much fun! BTW, i am in Thunder Bay now. Leaving Sunday morning. Call me if you are around
416-806-9897

 
At July 02, 2005 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ry
Lots of tiny slugs in my garden too. Hope you get to see Marathon if you have time. I emailed you. Keep your spirits up.
LOOOve Southern Belle

 
At April 12, 2010 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home