X Canada Adventure

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Crap Day - Dorion - Rossport

Max 61.1km/hr. Total Distance 110km. Ave 21.2km/hr. Ride Time ????
got up and began hitching again at 7am. No rides. About 1 hour later it began to pour. I took shelter in the wioods under the fly but still got soaked. The rain broke about 1.5 hours later and I began hitching again, but being wet no one will pick you up.
It began to pour again so I gave up my dream of getting to see the memorial. I started back to the store where I had left my bike. I walked for about three km when I gota ride from a Lakehead Master's student on his way to Sault Ste. Marie.
Northern Ontario sucks for hitching.

I am now waiting out the rain in a restaurant.
It's hard to decide if I should venture out on the road becuase my tent is soaking wht. It's still very grey outside, but not raining.

So, it stopped raining at 3:30pm so I hit the raod. It was still very cloudy, but I wanted to make some distance. I stopped for ice cream just outside Nipigon.
I am camped in a picnic area JUST past the turn off to Rossport. Right on the water. Very nice and very free. There were three major hills today. Two of them were just before Rossport. All the downhills were nice and long though.
I ate my can of lentil soup on the road today. I felt so bloated. Just thought that I would share:)
Today did turn into a nicer day though. The sky got better after an hour on the road and I got some very nice views of Lake Superior and the beautiful rugged terrain.

2 Comments:

At July 04, 2005 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,

Too bad about the Terry Fox Memorial - save it for another time. I checked, and you should be getting much better weather over the next few days, until Friday....Hope you have a good time in Marathon, exploring some history.

Dad

 
At July 04, 2005 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan,
I know what you mean. I was quite impressed with the Terry Fox Memorial, but I'm sure you'll be back.
Susan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home