X Canada Adventure

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Quebec City - Ste-Fidele

Ave 21.1km/hr Total Distance 177km Max 73.9km/hr Ride Time 8hr23min.
I couldn't drag myself out of bed. I should stop staying in hostels. I go to bed too late. 10:30am on the road. I didn't have a good map, nor did I look at the one I had so I got lost in an hour. But, I met a nice guy who directed me to a bike path on the water that went all the way out of town.
At about Beaupre it got pretty hilly. Actually, really hilly. I had forgotten how much I like hills. I'm being serious. With the hills comes nice scenary. The St. Lawrence was beautiful even though it was cloudy. The hills were very long. (but so were the descents.) Of note, Malbaie and Baie-Ste-Paul were very scenic.
I wanted to cross the ferry tonight, but since I was late leaving and underestimating the hills I didn't make it. I will take the 8:30am ferry tomorrow.
I'm camped on the roadside overlooking the river. Sooo nice.
The town I am near had no camping and no restaurant. What down has no restaurants! No worries, I have lots of food.
I was supposed to meet John on the road but we must have missed each other.

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2005 6:35 PM, Blogger Heather said...

You are sick. Very sick! How can one actually "like" hills??? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home