X Canada Adventure

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Kingston - Ottawa

Total Distance 184.21km
Ave Speed 24.7km/hr
Ride Time 7hr26min
I left Kingston at 12pm because I got my rack fixed by a guy named Bill that Uncle Mike used to
work with. After all the rack trouble I have had I have learned an important lesson. You don't
need to buy a new rack and worry about having it shipped to a certain place, or have to worry
about it arriving on time, or about how much the courier charges will cost. All you need is
someone who knows how to weld aluminum.
The rack looks beautiful now. I hope it will last me the rest of the trip.
The ride today was ok. It was easy, but not very scenic. I thought that I would recognize more
along the way but I didn't.
I'm am staying at Ashoka's place in downtown Ottawa. The main roads I took to get to Ottawa
were....Hwy 15 to Hwy 7 to number 36. Then to Baseline Rd. and into the city. Ottawa looks like a
very nice city. Perhaps I will look for placements for the 4 month work term for school here as
well as out west.
I got here around 8:45pm and showered. Then Shokes and I went out on the town. We had a good
dinner at Maxwell's and he took me on a night tour of downtown. Very nice. We saw:
Lord Elgin Hotel
War Memorial
Chateau Laurier
Spark St. Pedestrian Mall
Supreme Court of Canada
City Skyline
Parliament Hill (There was a cool light show/movie about Canada being screened on the tower. It
was pretty cool. We only caught the last 5 minutes)

Eternal Flame
American Embassy
Royal Canadian Mint
The giant spider outside the National Art Gallery on Sussex
The Market District
Rideau Centre
National Art Centre
Rideau Canal

Then we played pool at a fancy joint called Maclarens.
A good night.

3 Comments:

At July 24, 2005 8:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Mmmmm... Maxwell's. Yummy!!

 
At August 08, 2005 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was awsome seeing you buddy and you for sure have to look for a work term here... i got friend in Enviromental enginereing here so just say the word and i'll hook you up baby!!!!

And whose Heather.. is this another fellow ottawaite?

 
At August 08, 2005 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was awsome seeing you buddy and you for sure have to look for a work term here... i got friend in Enviromental enginereing here so just say the word and i'll hook you up baby!!!!

And whose Heather.. is this another fellow ottawaite?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home