X Canada Adventure

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Tobermory - Guelph - Big Day!!

Ave speed 26.8km/hr. Total Distance 248km. Ride Time 9hr 15min.
What a long day, but I made it home. It was dark when I was riding from Fergus to Guelph. The only enjoyable part of the day was going through the last few towns before Guelph that I recognized.
Actually, that's not the only enjoyable part. Francois and I were drafting for the first 110km. (Just like we did yesterday.) It is unbelieve what a difference it makes. We traded positions every half hour. You still have to work going up big hills, but the rest of the time it's at least 40% easier to ride.
We parted ways in Owen Sound as Francois was going to meet up with his family in Barrie. They had flown in from BC to visit.
Coming out of Owen Sound there are some pretty big hills, but after it was fairly flat all the way to Guelph.
In terms of scenary, this was one of the most boring days.
It's nice to be home for a break.
(I know I've forgotten to mention something....so perhaps I'll add more later.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home