X Canada Adventure

Friday, July 08, 2005

Spragge - Tobermory

Ave 22.8km/hr Total Distance 190km Ride Time 8hr 20min.
I stopped in a Ford dealership and got a piece of wire to put down the hollow section of my rack. Now, at least the rack with not hang on the one side. Had breakfast in Spanish and got to scratch my initials in a graffiti table.
I turned south on Hwy 6 to go to Manitoulin Island for a quicker descent to Guelph.

About 5km past Espanola my other stay on my rack broke. I ended up doing the same thing as before except I used the crank from my chain tool. :)

Just as I had finished fixing it I was passed by another cyclist, Francois from Port Moody, BC. We ended up riding together until Tobermory. and splitting a hotel room. My first one of the trip.
There are some hills on Hwy 17 but nothing really to worry about. Between Espanola and the Island it was pretty hilly. The Island itself was nice and flat, only a few climbs.
We arrived in South Baymouth at 9:04pm and had some snacks before the ferry arrived. $5.60 for bikes plus $13 for one adult.

Our motel is 3km from the ferry so we will be riding in the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home