X Canada Adventure

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sault Ste Marie - 1.5km from Spragge

Ave 22.4km/hr Max ?? Ride Time 7hr02min Total Distance 157.95km
Today's ridew was very easy and the shoulder was typical for Ontario. Actually, so was the scenary. The views of the Lake were few, but there were some nice bays and beaches.
I left at 11:45am this morning. Ed's parents took me on a sightseeing drive through town. We went along the water, through downtown and to some nice naighbourhoods. They also bought me my groceries :) Thank you! And thanks for letting me stay with you. I had a really good time.
Sorry I didn't get to say bye to you Ed. I was so sleepy when you left for work. I had no idea what was going on.

I met the family that is biking across Canada in Bruce Mines. I said hi to them for Andrew. I think that the link to their site is on Andew's site. It was nice to chat with them.
http://bikefamily.crazyguyonabike.com
I stopped for dinner in Blind River and aksed for some tofu which was not on the menu. I guesss it always pays to ask.
I am now camped about 20km past Blind River near some sort of plant.

It appears that one of the stays on my rack has snapped. I don't know when it happened today. So I will see how it goes tomorrow. Crappy.

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2005 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
wondering if you made it to Guelph yesterday? I had to take a detour as highway 26 was closed and so that ended up using up too much time and I was 30 KM away from Barrie when darkness arrived so I had to get picked up.

It was really good riding with you and I hope we run into each other again. Safe travels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home