X Canada Adventure

Friday, July 15, 2005

Toronto - Cobourg

Total Distance 137.5km (I think, the computer wasn't working properly. Ave speed 21.6km/hr Ride time 6hr21min.
The ride out of Toronto is pretty boring. I took Steeles almost all the way, and then dropped down to Hwy 2 on Alanola or something like that. I could have just taken Finch or Sheppard as well I think. meh.
I town I met another biker doing a weekend trip up to Lake Scugog and chatted for a bit. Definitely not the body type of a biker, but Douglas for sure had the heart of one.
I then followed Hwy 2 to Cobourg.
I called Jess in Newcastle to see if the Peterborough store had received my rack. They hadn't so I guess I will have to order my rack in to pick it up in Ottawa or something. Hopefully my repair job holds up.
Also in Newcastle a strange woman on a porch told me that there were two girls biking just ahead of me. It was definitely the strangest conversation I've had on the trip.
I met up with Trina and Heather about 40 minutes down the road near the town of Welcome. They were biking to Trina's cottage in Cobourg and had started in Pickering earlier in the day. Later on we ended up meeting on the beach in Cobourg that they had recommended to me. What a great beach. There were tons of volleyball nets set up for the OVA (Ontario Volleyball Association) tournament that is happening on Saturday. I was disappointed I didn't get to see, or play any though.
After the beach we grabbed some dinner and chatted.
They invited me to join them at the cottage for the night. I set up my tent in the backyard and had fun with the raccoons during the night.
We played Uno and chatted with Trina's family all night. It is so nice to meet such great people.
(Sorry Heather, I don't seem to be growing in my blogging abilities. I will try harder next time:) )

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2005 10:27 AM, Blogger Heather said...

No worries... there's always time for change ;)

It was great getting to meet you! Good luck on the rest of your journey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home