X Canada Adventure

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Charlottetown - Antigonish

Ave 23.3km/hr. Ride Time 5hr55min. Distance 139.88km.
I think I started around 9:30am. Not too bad. I took Hwy 1 to start, but cut off on Hwy 23 as it was much shorter. It was retty hilly and not very scenic so I'd be interested to know what Hwy 1 was like along the shoreline.
I made it to the ferry at Wood Islands early and checked out the lighthouse nearby before departing at 1:00pm.

On the ferry I met Chris and Cheryl again. (I had met them in the Wawa campsite as well.) Chris is doing a supported cross Canada ride with Cheryl's help. There was also a musician entertaining the passengers with some seafaring songs. Very nice.
Off the ferry I took Hwy 106 to exit 2 and made my way to New Glasgow where I joined up with Hwy 104 a very busy road. No scenic routes right now because I want to do the Cabot Trail and the long way around Newfoundland. Those will be my scenic parts. And, if I want to meet Laurene in St. John's I'll have to hurry. I'm camped right in Antigonish at Whidden's. They have a cyclist rate of $16. They have tons of services, but I won't be using them.
I had an amazing dinner in town at the Sunshine Cafe. I think I'd come back here just for the restaurant. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home