X Canada Adventure

Monday, August 08, 2005

Corner Brook - Fort Birchy Campground

Ave 26.5km/hr. Distance 131.40km/hr. Ride Time 4hr58min.



I had a fantastic breakfast at the Tucked Inn of Greek omlettes with all the fixings. I was then told not to worry about a check out time. This was great because I needed to get my bike fixed. I biked up to the store near the edge of town. And I do mean that I biked 'up' to the store. Corner Brook is build on a hill. It makes it very scenic, but also a pain to get around by bike. When I walked into the store they knew I was coming. They knew where I had come from and what I needed done. After inquiring they told me that my Mom and Dad had left a message for them advising that I was on my way there. It was pretty funny. I got my brakes fixed, my front tire changed (it was cracking cause it was so old) and picked up another small water bottle and holder.
When riding back to the Tucked Inn I could tell that my were perfect. The stopping power was incredible, just like it should be. It was raining when I had finally packed up all my stuff so I decided to hide out for a while and check my internet. Darryl wanted to take some pictures so we did that and posted them to my site.
I left at 1:30pm with a tailwind and enjoyed some nice views of lakes and hills. On my way out Darryl presented me with a bag lunch. This place was amazing. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.




I stayed at Fort Birchy RV park for $15. They were very nice there and made me a small dinner even though their tea house was closed. I got a campsite right on the lake. Very nice.


1 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
Ruthie and I really enjoyed meeting you at the Tucked Inn and are enjoying reading your blog. You certainly deserve the sights you see better than we. Best of luck on all your future enterprises, although you probably won't need it. Machiavelli said, "Fortune favors the man who relies on her the least."
Ed & Ruthie Allen (motorcyclists)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home