X Canada Adventure

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Skir Dhu - North Sydney

Ave 22.5km/hr. Distance 64.88km. Ride Time 2hr53min.
Started at 8:30am. Not too bad for once. I had a horrible sleep. Since I have scraps all over there wasn't a single position to rest in. I got some sweet pics to post of my wounds. Mmmmmm.
My brakes still aren't working properly. I took it in for fixing in PEI, but they are still very soft. (Perhaps one reason I went off the road so quickly.) They seemed to be better when I started out of PEI though. Even without weight they are soft. The scenary wasn't anything special. The west coast is definitely more scenic on the Cabot trail. There is a huge descent on 105 coming to the bridge crossing St. Patrick's channel. For sure a record breaking hill should I ever try it again.
There was a super short ferry on St. Anns Bay. This region was the most scenic of the day for sure. It was cool to climb out of the bay and then be able to look back to where you were. When in North Sydney I decided to take the late ferry and sleep through the crossing. I got pictures put on CD, went grocery shopping and looked in Canadian Tire for bike tires as there is no bike store in North Sydney, only Syndey 20km away.
Hey Buddy....I forgot to mention that I busted one of the clips that holds the bag to the bike. No worries though, if MEC doesn't replace it, I will. I bought some zip ties to fasten the bag so it won't, or shouldn't be a problem.
I met another biker at the ferry dock taking the 4:00pm boat. Meh, I guess we will chat when we meet on the road tomorrow. I also met some guys that went to RMC and chatted for a while about Kingston.
I hope I get a good sleep on the ferry, otherwise biking tomorrow will be a chore. I got a bunk to sleep on for a little extra money.
I at at Rollie's and stayed there for the live music. It was a chick rock band. They were kickin' it. You could tell how much they loved being on stage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home