X Canada Adventure

Friday, August 12, 2005

St. John's

Laurene, Christa and I picked up a bike box at Christa's favourite bike store. (I got it for free. I guess it pays to know the right people.) We went and got a magnet for Laurene's collection. Near City Hall is 'Mile 0'. We took some pictures.




We went for a hike along Marine Dr. which is up the east coast from the city. It was really beautiful on the drive and the hike. Along the hike there were tons of blueberries, which definitely caused me to miss some of the excellent scenary. We saw a whale off in the distance. The midpoint in the hike was out to a point. The very end was a small cliff which would have required some clever footwork. As I approached the edge I looked up to see a naked guy having a cigarette. I quickly turned around and decided that the trip to the very end of the point wasn't really necessary. I'm sorry I don't have a picture for you :)





Laurene and I had dinner at the Spout, the local vegetarian restaurant. It was excellent. Christa and her boyfriend, Rick, enjoyed a dinner on their own.
My evening was spent with Laurene and Christa between two Irish-type pubs, O'Reillys and Bridie Molloys. Both were a pretty good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home